3/2/19 – Today is our 20th Hyperlocal MKE we feature seventeen improvising collaborators! Our prompt is “Cohere” – each of the three ensembles have developed a score based on this. Also we have a new trailer by Nate Greely!
- Funnel –>chaotic and ends in unity with one collective idea.
- Individual solo voices congregate in Funnel
- Duets → Have 2 duets
- Gradually cohere to a unified group with one idea
- CLING on to an idea from Same, Same — make it sticky
- FUSE sticky ideas (systems working in a unit)
- Fusions interlock and turn into group mass (coherence)
- Ending— 3 pulses meaning exit for dancers / silence for musicians is pulse. + Mass-ness is happening… sonic drop out
Score #3 ** overarching theme of CONTRAST of chaos / cohere -Disconnect to Connect
- Scramble (passing in between, making space for chaos to be ordered)
- Contact Point (touch or sound impact)
- Clump/Stick to sculptural formations
- Flock → (find group rhythm/repetition) renegade scuttle/stillness